- Integral Care 24/7 Crisis Hotline: 512-472-HELP (4357)
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
- APD / Travis County Crisis Intervention Team: 512-854-3450
- NAMI Central Texas (Crisis): The National Alliance On Mental Illness - where to get emergency help in Central Texas
- Crisis Text Line: text HOME to 741741 to connect with a crisis counselor
Low Cost Counseling
- Talk to a Pastor at Saint John's: Cheryl Broome at or 512-452-5737 x228
- Samaritan Center (Central Texas) – counseling, wellness education, etc.
- Low Cost & Sliding Scale Mental Health Services: a list provided by St. Johns MHM
Information / Education / General
- NAMI Central Texas: education, advocacy, support groups, classes, resources
- NAMI Central Texas (Resources page): wide variety of resources in Central Texas
- Austin Travis County Integral Care: education, advocacy, provider directory & information
- NAMI (national): education, advocacy, resources, etc.
- Mental Health Ministries: education, videos, brochures, etc. for faith communities
- Travis County Counseling & Education: family violence services, alcohol/drug assessments, educational classes for youth and alcohol
- Screening for Mental Health (SMH): online depression screening test
- Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance: education, wellness options, peer groups
- SAMHSA: Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (federal organization)
- NIMH: National Institute of Mental Illness (federal organization)
- Psychology Today: news, general information, and a good "find a therapist" tool
- Anxiety and Depression Association of America: basic information about anxiety, depression, PTSD, etc.
- AGE of Central Texas: information for seniors and caregivers
- MentalHealth.gov: information about mental illness (federal organization)
- Veterans Crisis Line: hotline, chat, resources for veterans and their families
- Saint John's Veterans Group: meets on the 1st Tuesday of each month at 6:30 PM (contact Al Lindsey at )
- National Center for PTSD: information from the Department of Veteran Affairs
- Texas H&HS Mental Health Program for Veterans: State of Texas Health & Human Resources
- Samaritan Center Veterans page (Austin)
Children & Youth
- NAMI: Teens & Young Adults: informational guides for teens and college students
- OK2Talk: an online community where teens and young adults struggling with mental health conditions can find a safe place to talk.
- One in Five Minds: screening tools, videos, and handbooks for parents
- Child Mind Institute: guide for parents of children with mental illness
- Trevor Project (LGBTQ): hotline, chat, education for the LGBTQ community
- Children and Adults with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (CHADD): various information about ADHD sponsored by the CDC.
Substance Abuse / Rehab
- Al-Anon / Alateen: for families of persons dealing with alcohol addiction. (I modified the link and text) Al-Anon meets on Mondays at 5:30 PM - 7:30 PM at the Wynona 5908 Youth House.
- Alcoholics Anonymous (AA): for persons dealing with alcohol addiction.
- Austin Clubhouse: rehab / recovery resources for those with severe mental illness
- Communities for Recovery: alcohol & drug rehab / recovery resources